Query tags in timeframe w/o datapoints

Hampus Ohlsson

Sep 11, 2016, 11:57:57 PM9/11/16
to OpenTSDB
Trying to query OpenTSDB to get what tags are available for a certain metric within a timeframe, like this one in KairosDB:
http://kairosdb.github.io/docs/build/html/restapi/QueryMetricTags.html

My solution right now is to do a /api/query request and wildcard all the tags I'm interested in. Then use a large downsampling span to reduce number of metrics returned. But seems inefficient. Did not find anything about this in the docs.

Is it possible to just return the tags without metrics?

casey.d...@teamaol.com

Oct 6, 2016, 10:26:01 AM10/6/16
to OpenTSDB
I have a similar request to this one. Using the suggest api, I would like to pass additional criteria to receive a more precise result set.  For example if I already know the metric, passing the metric name along with the /api/suggest request to get back only tag keys for that metric I feel would be a better experience.

I apologize in advance if I missed the fact that this functionality already exists.

Casey Doerschuk

ManOLamancha

Dec 19, 2016, 8:57:10 PM12/19/16
to OpenTSDB