OpenTSDB UI - gnuplot error

karan alang

Dec 21, 2016, 4:58:11 PM12/21/16
to OpenTSDB
Hi - i've HDP 2.4 on Centos 6
Also, i've gnuplot installed using following command ->

yum install gnuplot

[root@sandbox ~]# rpm -qa gnuplot
gnuplot-4.2.6-2.el6.x86_64

On running the OpenTSDB UI & putting in metric , i'm getting the following error ->

Any ideas on how to fix this error ?
---------------------------------------
<pre>Gnuplot stderr:

set term png small size 1260,485
         ^
"/tmp/tsd/6ae88a28.gnuplot", line 1: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set terminal' for a list

</pre>
---------------------------------------

karan alang

Dec 21, 2016, 5:02:03 PM12/21/16
to OpenTSDB

Do i need to have Gnuplot installed on my mac well ?

Also which version of gnuplot ?
Pls let me know.

thanks !

karan alang

Dec 21, 2016, 5:41:11 PM12/21/16
to OpenTSDB
update :
I've installed gnuplot v 5.0.3 manually.

when i fire following command ->

[root@sandbox gnuplot-5.0.3]# gnuplot --version
gnuplot 5.0 patchlevel 3

However, when i fore the following , it shows earlier version ->

[root@sandbox gnuplot-5.0.3]# rpm -qa gnuplot
gnuplot-4.2.6-2.el6.x86_64

So, i'm not sure which version is being used .. and if this is the fix for the issue ?
Pls provide input on this.

thanks !

karan alang

Dec 21, 2016, 8:20:12 PM12/21/16
to OpenTSDB
update -> i uninstalled 5.0.3 & re-installed using command ->

yum install gnuplut

seems to be working fine now.