OpenTSDB 1.2?

Philippe Laflamme

Aug 30, 2016, 11:11:35 AM8/30/16
to OpenTSDB
Hi,

The TSDB documentation states[1] that it is recommended to upgrade to 1.2 before upgrading to 2.x.

Before upgrading to 2.x, you may want to upgrade all of your TSDs to OpenTSDB 1.2.

I can't seem to find a git tag for that release. Is the documentation wrong or is that tag simply missing?

Cheers,
Philippe

ManOLamancha

Dec 19, 2016, 8:41:34 PM12/19/16
to OpenTSDB
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 8:11:35 AM UTC-7, Philippe Laflamme wrote:
Hi,

The TSDB documentation states[1] that it is recommended to upgrade to 1.2 before upgrading to 2.x.

Before upgrading to 2.x, you may want to upgrade all of your TSDs to OpenTSDB 1.2.

I can't seem to find a git tag for that release. Is the documentation wrong or is that tag simply missing?

Hmm, I couldn't find it either so thanks for reminding me. Anyway, what you'll want to do is just upgrade all the readers to 2.x at the same time, then update the writers any time you want.