OpenTSDB 2.3 RC1 on Cassandra -- Still requires Zookeeper?

Shane O'Donnell

Jul 6, 2016, 6:33:04 PM7/6/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi all -

Looking at 2.3 RC1 on a single-node Cassandra instance.  Following the online docs, I can't get a tsd to start and it's erroring out looking for Zookeeper.

I expected that Zookeeper wouldn't be necessary in a Cassandra environment.  Note that I added the required config lines spec'd in the docs.

Can send config/logs if you'd like.  If I'm just doing something stupid, I'll take obvious hints, too.

Thanks -

Shane O.
========================
Shane O'Donnell

4819 Emperor Blvd., Ste 400
Durham, North Carolina 27703
tel: +1.424.262.KNOW x703
skype: shaneodonnell
email: sha...@knownormal.com
========================
:wq!

ManOLamancha

Dec 19, 2016, 7:16:02 PM12/19/16
to OpenTSDB
On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 3:33:04 PM UTC-7, Shane O. wrote:
Hi all -

Looking at 2.3 RC1 on a single-node Cassandra instance.  Following the online docs, I can't get a tsd to start and it's erroring out looking for Zookeeper.

I expected that Zookeeper wouldn't be necessary in a Cassandra environment.  Note that I added the required config lines spec'd in the docs.

Can send config/logs if you'd like.  If I'm just doing something stupid, I'll take obvious hints, too.

Oh it's probably not building correctly then. Did you run the "build-cassandra.sh" script? Also try a "rm -rf ./build" from the TSDB directory before building to make sure it doesn't pull in an old version.