Delete the metric from the opentsdb

oc....@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2013, 5:05:33 AM4/12/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I'm interested in deleting a particular  metric from the tsdb , presently ,doing it  by using

delete 'tsdb-uid','metric-name','id:metrics' in hbase shell.

is there any other way or better way to do it apart from this?

also any other method to delete tags ?

Thanks,
oc-tsdb group

Bryan Zubrod

Apr 12, 2013, 10:00:18 AM4/12/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

See: http://opentsdb.net/cli.html#scan

With this CLI function you can scan out the metrics you want to modify to a file, manipulate the file (delete metrics), and import back into opentsdb.  Hope that helps.

- Bryan

Vyshali N

Jan 17, 2018, 12:05:28 PM1/17/18
to OpenTSDB
Hi,

Please help me with the method you have deleted the metrics from tsdb.
I also want the metrics to get deleted completely from hbase including the metadata.

Thanks
Vyshali

Jonathan Creasy

Jan 17, 2018, 4:37:05 PM1/17/18
to Vyshali N, OpenTSDB
Vyshali,

They are doing it directly in HBase and I already gave you a better way (in the more recent thread), which didn't exist in 2013 when this message was originally written.

-Jonathan

Vyshali N

Feb 5, 2018, 1:04:02 PM2/5/18
to OpenTSDB
Hi,

Please give me information on which class/function of tsdb library is being called when the scan cli tool is being used.
I want the direct implemenation,not the cli

Regards
Vyshali

ManOLamancha

May 21, 2018, 8:31:20 PM5/21/18