Multiple TSDs on HBase cluster

rorofei

Jan 12, 2018, 3:54:28 PM1/12/18
to OpenTSDB
Hi,
I have installed distributed HBase my configuration as below:
1 master, holding HDFS master, HBase master and OpenTSDB
4 slaves, holding HDFS slaves and RegionServers
i want to use multiple openTSDB processes(TSDs) on my hbase cluster,my questions are:
1/should all my tsd points to same Node where HMaster is running ? or
2/ i can install openTSDB in HMaster annd TSDss in Regin servers
3/to separate out the TSD with read only operation and the other TSD with write operation:
we install some opentsdb in Hmaster and other in HRegionServer?
4/we can run multiple TSDs in same machine where the HMaster anstalled ???
Can anyone help me,thanks.

ManOLamancha

Jan 30, 2018, 2:27:41 PM1/30/18
to OpenTSDB
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 12:54:28 PM UTC-8, rorofei wrote:
Hi,
I have installed distributed HBase my configuration as below:
1 master, holding HDFS master, HBase master and OpenTSDB
4 slaves, holding HDFS slaves and RegionServers
i want to use multiple openTSDB processes(TSDs) on my hbase cluster,my questions are:
1/should all my tsd points to same Node where HMaster is running ? or

The TSDs have to point to the Zookeeper cluster that is hosting HBase. And yes they would all point to the same ZK.

2/ i can install openTSDB in HMaster annd TSDss in Regin servers

You can, just keep an eye on resource usage.

3/to separate out the TSD with read only operation and the other TSD with write operation:
we install some opentsdb in Hmaster and other in HRegionServer?

You can do that as well.

4/we can run multiple TSDs in same machine where the HMaster anstalled ???

Yes, you just have to have different configuration files for each TSD JVM and point each instance at the proper config. Make sure the configs have different ports.