google protobuf serializer example

Mahesh Govind

Aug 20, 2016, 7:13:07 AM8/20/16
to OpenTSDB
Dear Experts,

Could you please point me an example where google protobuf is used  with http API to write data points to opentsdb .
Currently I am using json . I would like to change it to protobuf(if possible ) .

thanks and regards
Mahesh

Message has been deleted

casey.d...@teamaol.com

Aug 24, 2016, 5:34:21 PM8/24/16
to OpenTSDB
I am also interested in this functionality to save on data transfer bandwidth.

Thanks

Casey

Nicholas Whitehead

Aug 24, 2016, 6:24:17 PM8/24/16
to casey.d...@teamaol.com, OpenTSDB

I am not aware of a data point submission implementation for OpenTSDB using pb. Maybe I missed it, but you might be thinking of the hbase store which uses pb.

You could implement one using the RPC plugin. To save on bandwidth, compress your data point http posts.

//Nicholas

ManOLamancha

Dec 19, 2016, 8:34:27 PM12/19/16
to OpenTSDB, casey.d...@teamaol.com
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 3:24:17 PM UTC-7, nwhitehead wrote:

I am not aware of a data point submission implementation for OpenTSDB using pb. Maybe I missed it, but you might be thinking of the hbase store which uses pb.

You could implement one using the RPC plugin. To save on bandwidth, compress your data point http posts.

//Nicholas

Right we don't have one yet but I'd love to add one. And with 3.0 we'll likely be using pbuf for interchange between components so this would be easy.