Pre-Aggregates

Sean Clark

Jun 29, 2017, 12:05:40 PM6/29/17
to OpenTSDB
Is there example/usage for creating the pre-agg table in hbase, and then more settings? I see the documentation tells you to point to it -- and i really really need to set it up (in lieu of using chronix.io) for aggregation -- but the tables script hasn't been updated in 4 years -- and i just see docs on how to use pre-aggregation, but not how to create/use underlying storage.

Let me know

-Sean

Jonathan Creasy

Jun 29, 2017, 1:18:25 PM6/29/17
to Sean Clark, OpenTSDB
I haven't actually used it yet, but have been meaning to. I'll see if I can get a chance to look into it for you.

Jonathan Creasy

Jun 29, 2017, 1:22:23 PM6/29/17
to Sean Clark, OpenTSDB

It looks like you create it just like the standard tsdb table.

"The table where pre-aggregated and (optionally) rolled up data should be written to. This may be the same table as the table value."

The "table" value is typically the tsdb table.

So, just either store the pre-aggregates/rollups in the same tsdb table, or create another table, just like the tsdb table but with a different name.

~Jonathan

ManOLamancha

Jul 6, 2017, 5:59:36 PM7/6/17
to OpenTSDB, deva...@gmail.com

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 10:22:23 AM UTC-7, Jonathan Creasy wrote:

It looks like you create it just like the standard tsdb table.

"The table where pre-aggregated and (optionally) rolled up data should be written to. This may be the same table as the table value."

The "table" value is typically the tsdb table.

So, just either store the pre-aggregates/rollups in the same tsdb table, or create another table, just like the tsdb table but with a different name.

~Jonathan

Yeah we really need a nice, new setup script that creates the proper tables based on user requirements AND handles pre-splitting, etc.

But right, all you need to do is clone the settings for your TSDB table but rename it as per your pre-agg config. The easiest way to do that for now is to copy the 'tsdb' line in the table script and replace the args as you need them, then paste it into the HBase shell.