OpenTSDB v1.1.0-rc2 is available for testing

tsuna

Feb 16, 2013, 10:35:31 PM2/16/13
to OpenTSDB
Hi,
After RC1 was cut
(https://groups.google.com/d/topic/opentsdb/EAZM21tsgro/discussion)
Chris suggested adding a change to make the release forward compatible
with the next feature release. This essentially involves having the
compaction code ignore cells in HBase that it doesn't understand,
instead of deleting them or choking on them. This will allow people
to upgrade to 2.0 and then gracefully downgrade to 1.1.0, or run the
two side-by-side during the testing phase.

I also took the opportunity to include a few small bug fixes,
including an important bug fix in asynchbase. Other dependencies have
been updated too.

This release candidate contains significant performance improvements
and bug fixes. Some have been seen to gain up to 5-10x more write
throughput.

Self-contained pre-bootstrapped tarball:
http://tsunanet.net/~tsuna/opentsdb/opentsdb-1.1.0-rc2.tar.gz
This tarball was built from my GitHub fork as of 73eea70.

Additional changes since RC1:
$ git log --pretty='format: %h (%an) %s' 6c1dda8b..
73eea70 (Benoit Sigoure) Update NEWS.
eeafec6 (Ion Savin) Allow 0 as a threshold value for -w and -c.
344c6c6 (Benoit Sigoure) Update to GWT 2.5.0.
2a04c95 (Benoit Sigoure) Update asynchbase to 1.4.1.
076b09b (Benoit Sigoure) Update most dependencies.
00d40cf (Ion Savin) Don't urldecode the components, assume the URL is
already decoded.
2839dd5 (Benoit Sigoure) RPM: Improve formatting of the %description.
617cf00 (Benoit Sigoure) Make it easier to build an RPM from source.
9728359 (davidkbainbridge) Add an RPM spec file.
adee418 (Benoit Sigoure) Upgrade to Junit 4.11.
ecc7c9d (Benoit Sigoure) Help forward compatibility by ignoring
invalid KeyValues.
fd4ef61 (Ion Savin) Set the indent style for Emacs users.

Please help test RC2 so we can cut the release within a week or two.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure

tsuna

Feb 16, 2013, 10:47:37 PM2/16/13
to OpenTSDB
On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM, tsuna <tsun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Self-contained pre-bootstrapped tarball:
> http://tsunanet.net/~tsuna/opentsdb/opentsdb-1.1.0-rc2.tar.gz
> This tarball was built from my GitHub fork as of 73eea70.

Sorry, the correct revision is f6a2403.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure