OpenTSDB interval sampling method

Wang Liu

Aug 14, 2017, 3:30:44 AM8/14/17
to OpenTSDB
Hello,all
    Does OpenTSDB have the feature of the interval sampling method?
    For example, only two data points are now collected, the time difference is one minute, but a function can be calculated every 5 seconds of time and value, and returned to the user.In other words, the sampling frequency can be increased by calculation.

Jonathan Creasy

Aug 14, 2017, 10:02:18 AM8/14/17
to Wang Liu, OpenTSDB
If you asked for a 5s down sampling it would interpolate the values between the actual data the return 5s intervals.
Message has been deleted

Wang Liu

Aug 14, 2017, 11:34:25 PM8/14/17
to OpenTSDB, skyi...@gmail.com
hi, I tried to set 5s down sampling, but there is no extra point return, and I used version 2.3.
Could I use two point`s rate and value to calculate the interval value., but it is too complex. I want to get blue point as follow picture.

在 2017年8月14日星期一 UTC+8下午10:02:18,Jonathan Creasy写道:

ManOLamancha

Aug 30, 2017, 1:48:31 AM8/30/17
to OpenTSDB, skyi...@gmail.com
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 8:34:25 PM UTC-7, Wang Liu wrote:
hi, I tried to set 5s down sampling, but there is no extra point return, and I used version 2.3.
Could I use two point`s rate and value to calculate the interval value., but it is too complex. I want to get blue point as follow picture.

Ah, you're looking for a LERPing downsampler but unfortunately we don't have that right now. Would you mind adding a feature request in Github please? thanks.