Does opentsdb support post annotation with metric_name and tags?

hz...@qq.com

Dec 26, 2016, 7:42:28 AM12/26/16
to OpenTSDB
hi,
I am new to opentsdb, and I go through the apis of opentsdb but I cannot find a way to post annotation with metric_name and tags, instead of with tsuid.
That could be a performance problem because every time I want to post an annotation, I have to look up the tsuid of the metric_name and tags through http and cache into local memory so that next time when the same metric and tags come, I could find the tsuid immediately(not through the http api) , or even create a tsuid if it first appears. This may consume a lot of work and memory.
if not , is there any plan to realize or some workaround method?

ManOLamancha

Jan 7, 2017, 7:47:27 PM1/7/17
to OpenTSDB
Not yet but I'd like to add it. Tracking under https://github.com/OpenTSDB/opentsdb/issues/913

nwhitehead

Feb 16, 2017, 6:26:06 PM2/16/17
to OpenTSDB
Here's a quickie HttpRpcPlugin you can build and install that accepts annotation post or puts with metric and tags instead of tsuid.
If the metric or any of the tags do not exist, they will be automatically created.

There's also an optional parameter includemetric where the annotation json in the response will include the metric name and tags from the request.

Could use a bit of work.... there's not much in the way of error handling.

//Nicholas