Retrive uids for a particular metric during a period

Vyshali N

Jan 22, 2018, 1:46:21 PM1/22/18
to OpenTSDB
Hi,

I have a requirement to retrieve list of UIDs/TSUIDs generated for a particular metric during a particular period.
The input is metric name,start date and end date.
The output should be list of UIDs/TSUIDs

Is there any API to do this?

I came across http://localhost:4242/api/search/tsuids?query=name:Metric.1*&limit=3&start_index=0 but this does not query with the timestamp or date.

Also,for enabling the search,is it very essential to configure a plugin?

Looking for good suggestions and ideas.

Regards
Vyshali

ManOLamancha

Jan 30, 2018, 2:37:50 PM1/30/18
to OpenTSDB

Hmm http://opentsdb.net/docs/build/html/api_http/search/lookup.html is the closest we have to this kind of API. But yes, we don't have a way to return the series for a time range yet unless you execute an actual query. You can do so and set the aggregator to "none" and downsample to "0all" and it will give you all the series with one data point.

I came across http://localhost:4242/api/search/tsuids?query=name:Metric.1*&limit=3&start_index=0 but this does not query with the timestamp or date.

Also,for enabling the search,is it very essential to configure a plugin?

It's not required for the super basic capability but it's recommended. Though we still have some work to do on the ES plugin.