Hbase Config

Andy Rendle

Nov 30, 2017, 6:53:29 AM11/30/17
to OpenTSDB
I need to use different installations of HBase which have different locations of the HBase config files. How can I use OpenTSDB with non-standard config locations? I have looked at the tsdb script but can see no way of overriding the configDir location.

I also need to use a Kerberised instance of HBase, are there any instructions for this?

Thanks

ManOLamancha

Jan 30, 2018, 2:12:04 PM1/30/18
to OpenTSDB
On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 3:53:29 AM UTC-8, Andy Rendle wrote:
I need to use different installations of HBase which have different locations of the HBase config files. How can I use OpenTSDB with non-standard config locations? I have looked at the tsdb script but can see no way of overriding the configDir location.

OpenTSDB only needs to know the Zookeeper settings and it will find the rest of the HBase information: tsd.storage.hbase.zk_basedir and tsd.storage.hbase.zk_quorum from http://opentsdb.net/docs/build/html/user_guide/configuration.html.

I also need to use a Kerberised instance of HBase, are there any instructions for this?

I need to write some up but you'd follow the same settings for a regular HBase client but put them in the OpenTSDB conf file. http://opentsdb.github.io/asynchbase/docs/build/html/configuration.html