Will there always be a ramp for the the sum aggregator?

Jinghan Xu

Feb 12, 2018, 2:58:04 PM2/12/18
to OpenTSDB
Reading the doc

I want to see if I understand correctly
For the sum case, let's say my time-series don't align up, and there will be interpolations.
Will it always have a slow ramp up in the beginning as e.x the first data point has nothing to sum to, the value will only be itself
And gradually more time-series get involved, more interpolation values could be summed together for at a certain timestamp?

ManOLamancha

May 22, 2018, 1:28:47 PM5/22/18
to OpenTSDB
Yes, there will always be that ramp up and down effect due to interpolation. The best way to avoid that is to always give a downsampler in your queries on the frequency that you report your metric. E.g. if your metric is recorded every minute, set a 1 minute downsampler.