Any non-salt to salt utilities?

Dan Hoffman

Nov 23, 2016, 1:40:17 PM11/23/16
to OpenTSDB
We are considering moving over to salted tables, though we'd like to not lose all our existing data.  Is there a utility or recommendation on how to migrate the old data to the new format?  Either via hbase utilities or by querying en masse and re-feeding?  Thanks.

Huafeng Lyu

Nov 25, 2016, 7:45:26 AM11/25/16
to OpenTSDB

I did this once. What I did was:
1. "tsdb scan ... --delete > data.txt" to backup all datapoints.
2. adding salt by modifying the configuration file and then restarting opentsdb.
3. "tsdb import data.txt"

You may need to run "tsdb scan --delete" for multiple times, because new datapoints may be written into opentsdb during the execution of "tsdb scan --delete".

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there are better approaches.

Thanks.
--huafeng