Modeling Question OPC Data

Paul Mazzuca

Aug 24, 2017, 7:55:06 PM8/24/17
to OpenTSDB
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to model OPC data?

For example, we get a stream of data for temperature and oxygen for a given device.  Furthermore, each data point has a "Quality" associated with it. The "Quality" is discreet with a range of over 100 different numerical value. For example, 192=Good.  By this setup, a temperature of say 30 degrees would also have a quality value of for example 192.

Any ideas as to how to model this quality?

One thought is to treat the quality as a tag <deviceId:1><Quality:192>. = 30 degrees
Another thought would be to treat the quality as a value <deviceId:1><type:quality> = 192,  <deviceId:1> = 30

ManOLamancha

Aug 30, 2017, 1:56:57 AM8/30/17
to OpenTSDB
For right now you'd want to give another metric that tracks the quality then you can plot both the temp values and the quality (and eventually with a better QL emit just those values within your quality range). Eventually we hope to support this kind of data natively maintaining the quality with each value.