Cannot delete future data

Uli Schulze-Eyssing

Dec 2, 2017, 11:10:45 AM12/2/17
to OpenTSDB
Hi,
I´m running 2.4RC2.
I created a metric with values with datapoints every hour the complete year 2017 (today is the 2.12.2017 :-))
When I try to delete the datapoints un the metric, all datapoints are shown(even the ones in the future), but deleted are only the datapoints until now.
I cannot delete datapoints in the future.
I tried i with

tsdb scan 2017/01/01 2018/01/01 none <metric> --delete

and with the HTTP API, same results.
Is there any flag I have to set to delete future values?
Many thanks,
Uli

Uli Schulze-Eyssing

Jan 9, 2018, 5:04:10 PM1/9/18
to OpenTSDB
This is, because if tsd.storage.use_otsdb_timestamp is set, the hbase timestamp will be set to the datapoint timestamp.
If we write datapoints for the future, they cannot be deleted (hbase deletes and versioning depends on the timestamps)
Cheers,
Uli