Put values

Unai Zorrilla Castro

May 31, 2016, 3:35:20 AM5/31/16
to OpenTSDB

I try to ingest many items on opentsdb using http api/put, but some request are very slow ( over 6-7 seconds ).. Is the HTTP API the best choice to ingest data on opentsdb?

my opentsdb machine is always on 90% cpu usage during ingestion process ( I try to change the batch count over 50, 100, 200,1000 but the cpu is always very hight)

  • Opentsdb on Ubuntu 16, 8 cores
  • OpenTSDB 2.2
  • HBASE cluster (7 nodes on Azure HDInsight )
  • Batch 50 items
  • tsd.core_create_metrics=true
  • tsd.core.meta.enable_realtime_uid=true
  • tsd.core.meta.enable_realtime_ts = true

Jonathan Creasy

May 31, 2016, 9:39:31 AM5/31/16
to Unai Zorrilla Castro, OpenTSDB

Well, the telnet api is going to probably be more efficient than the HTTP api for ingest. That aside, your results are abnormal.

Can you take a look at what threads are active during the process and what they are doing?