tsd_proxy 0.2.1

Aravind Gottipati

May 3, 2015, 4:44:25 PM5/3/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A new release of tsd_proxy is out.  In addition to proxying incoming OpenTSDB metrics to multiple OpenTSDB consumers, it now supports two additional consumers types (Kafka and Influxdb).  The consumer logic has been re-worked to make it easier to add different consumer types.  I also updated the dependencies to pull in a newer clojure and a newer aleph library that tsd_proxy depends on.  It should work fine with the older clojure/aleph releases as well (though, I have not tested this).

The kafka consumer strips the the leading "put " and dumps the metric stream into a (hard-coded) Kafka topic.  In case of Influxdb, the incoming metric stream is batched and transformed into influxdb data points before being dumped into Influxdb (using their http api).

The new version lives at https://github.com/aravind/tsd_proxy

Please give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Aravind.

ManOLamancha

May 6, 2015, 2:55:23 PM5/6/15