Time Weighted Average Function

Bugra Cakir

Jul 29, 2017, 3:27:23 AM7/29/17
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to integrate a different avg function (time weighted average) into OpenTSDB.. I looked at the code but there are lots candidate positions for the avg function implementation. Where is the best place to add this avg implementation in the code ?

Br,
Bugra

ManOLamancha

Aug 11, 2017, 3:26:12 PM8/11/17
to OpenTSDB
On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 12:27:23 AM UTC-7, Buğra Çakır wrote:
Hi,

I would like to integrate a different avg function (time weighted average) into OpenTSDB.. I looked at the code but there are lots candidate positions for the avg function implementation. Where is the best place to add this avg implementation in the code ?

Hi! The best place would be TSDB 3.0 but we haven't started fleshing out the new operators yet. For now you'd probably want to duplicate the Downsampler.java class in that it would allow you to iterate over the time series.

Buğra Çakır

Dec 13, 2017, 8:53:27 AM12/13/17
to OpenTSDB
Hi, we have integrated into the Downsampler.java as you stated. May be we can share the code into TSDB 3.0..

Ranjit

Aug 20, 2018, 5:32:48 PM8/20/18
to OpenTSDB
Is it implemented in 3.0 branch? Do you mind sharing the file that implemented this functionality? We would like to add it to 2.4.
Thanks!

ManOLamancha

Dec 28, 2018, 4:42:24 PM12/28/18
to OpenTSDB
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 2:32:48 PM UTC-7, Ranjit wrote:
Is it implemented in 3.0 branch? Do you mind sharing the file that implemented this functionality? We would like to add it to 2.4.
Thanks!

2.4 wouldn't be easy for implementation but 3.0 it would be really easy. There's already a SlidingWindow node implementation that can be tweaked to handle time weighting.

Bugra Cakir

Dec 29, 2018, 1:00:07 PM12/29/18
to ManOLamancha, OpenTSDB
Sorry Ranjit, I see this mail thread yesterday. We have implemented this in a OpenTSDB branch
in our customer site project. Happy to incorporate it into 3.0 series like ManOLamancha mentioned..

Br,
Bugra