How to import faster?

Kramer Li

Aug 18, 2015, 12:22:29 PM8/18/15
to OpenTSDB
Hi All

I`m trying to import a large amount of data into openTSDB.

Let`s say we have 288 files one day. each file contains 5 million rows of data. I`m trying to import all these 288 files.

But the tsdb import command takes a lot time to import only one file.

Is there any way to improve the performance?

Regards
Mingwe

Jim Scott

Aug 31, 2015, 12:24:19 PM8/31/15
to Kramer Li, OpenTSDB
Depending on how your data is organized, which metrics are in those files... the BatchedDataPoints is the fastest way to get historical data loaded into OpenTSDB
--
Jim Scott

Kramer Li

Aug 31, 2015, 9:46:40 PM8/31/15
to OpenTSDB, neverever...@gmail.com
Thanks Scott

I did some pre-operation before the import. Like assign uid to possible values. Pre-split hbase region.
The spead is acceptable now. Almost 10,000 per second.

Thanks very much

在 2015年9月1日星期二 UTC+8上午12:24:19,Jim Scott写道:

Izak Marais

Oct 5, 2015, 3:46:46 AM10/5/15
to OpenTSDB, neverever...@gmail.com
Hi Mingwe

Could you explain (or post some links to references explaining) the pre-operations you did? How do you assign UID to possible values. Did you use existing scripts to pre-split the hbase regions?

Thanks
Izak