Can we add new tag to existing datapoints in OpenTSDB?

paresh...@flutura.com

Aug 24, 2016, 8:31:33 AM8/24/16
to OpenTSDB
Hi

I need to add new tag(key,val) after inserting datapoints in OpenTSDB. The purpose is to add some new tags, that are derived from captured data(recently captured data). Is there a way to do that?
Please help.

lovelesh chawla

Nov 11, 2016, 9:59:53 AM11/11/16
to OpenTSDB
Did you find an answer to this ? I am trying to do the same thing and have not been able to find an answer.

ManOLamancha

Dec 20, 2016, 4:16:10 PM12/20/16
to OpenTSDB
Hi, unfortunately we don't support that behavior right now. You'd either have to:

1) Read out the data, modify it, then write a new time series
2) Use the built-in metadata facility to tag time series