installation of openTSDB and regarding HBase cluster

Uday Gollapalli

Jul 7, 2016, 3:55:44 PM7/7/16
to OpenTSDB
hey

       I am really new to time series databases. Actually, I want to install openTSDB on to my Linux(ubuntu) system. But I am facing problems while installing openTSDB
I want help regarding the installation of openTSDB(java,Hadoop,HBase,opentsdb). I am also facing problems in creating Hadoop cluster of nodes

 please help me

        Thank you

Jonathan Creasy

Jul 8, 2016, 10:12:37 AM7/8/16
to Uday Gollapalli, OpenTSDB

If you are just running one machine, you can run hbase in standalone mode. You don't need HDFS for that.

You can download HBase, set the data location and start it.

Look under tools in the OpenTSDB repo. There is an OSX install script, if you follow that, you should be able to see what to do for a single node installation.

Uday Gollapalli

Jul 8, 2016, 10:13:42 AM7/8/16
to Jonathan Creasy, OpenTSDB
No, i have to do it on mutlinodes

Nicholas Whitehead

Jul 8, 2016, 12:24:48 PM7/8/16
to Uday Gollapalli, OpenTSDB, Jonathan Creasy

I used these procedures:

http://www.edureka.co/blog/setting-up-a-multi-node-cluster-in-hadoop-2.X

2013/01/hbase-installation-fully-distributed.html