How to setup OpenTSDB code cloned from Git repo into Eclipse.

Sumanjeet Bhatti

Aug 23, 2016, 6:42:54 AM8/23/16
to OpenTSDB
Hi all ,

I have downloaded the openTSDB code from https://github.com/OpenTSDB/opentsdb.git .
I am struggling to import it in my Eclipse. All files have package defined on top as net.opentsdb.core, but under Project Explorer>they are placed in package -src/core.

I have tried running the build.sh available in the code,from a linux machine. It ran successfully. I tried opening the complete openTSDB folder structure in Eclipse.
It gives mismatch in package defination as I mentioned above. So its hard for me to navigate or do autocomplete in Eclipse in these .java files.

Can anyone help in setting up the code in Eclipse.

Thanks
Sumanjeet Bhatti

Jonathan Creasy

Aug 23, 2016, 9:17:56 PM8/23/16
to Sumanjeet Bhatti, OpenTSDB
You'll want to run "./build.sh pom.xml" to build the pom file and create the Maven style layout (using symlinks).

Then you can import into Eclipse more easily.