Query:Tag_Values for Metric_Name and Tag_Key combination.

mwasee...@gmail.com

May 2, 2018, 5:09:00 AM5/2/18
to OpenTSDB
Hi,
I am new to OPENTSDB and BOSUN. I am looking for a way to get all possible Tag_values for a Metric_Name and Tag_Key combination. I have looked around on internet and found a way to get this done for BOSUN relayed metrics. BOSUN provides an API to give Metric_Name and Tag_Key and get array of all Tag_values stored for this combination. But this is for those metrics which are relayed through BOSUN.
Is there a way to do this for metrics which are directly sent to OPENTSDB via SCOLLECTOR or using OPENTSDB API.

If Its an old issue or this is not correct platform for such queries please point me in a direction where I can get a solution.

Thanks,
Waseem

ManOLamancha

May 22, 2018, 2:45:54 PM5/22/18
to OpenTSDB
We still don't have a great way to do this in TSD without an external store. the closest is

/api/search/lookup.