OTP 1.0 Released!

Andrew Byrd

Sep 9, 2016, 6:20:45 AM9/9/16
to OpenTripPlanner Developers, OpenTripPlanner Users
Seven years in the making, with almost 10k commits from over 100 contributors around the world, OpenTripPlanner 1.0 has been released! Thanks to everyone for all your effort in carrying this project through to its current status as the official journey planner in many cities and a critical piece of infrastructure that powers several major passenger information apps.

Enunciate API docs are here:
http://dev.opentripplanner.org/apidoc/1.0.0/

Javadoc is here:

And of course the JARs:

Andrew

Wojciech Kulesza

Sep 9, 2016, 6:40:34 AM9/9/16
to OpenTripPlanner Developers, opentrippl...@googlegroups.com
Big congrats to all contributors !
goEuropa is more busy now with OBA, but should be back to OTP involvement soon. We're using 0.18 i believe on our production environment - i wonder how easy/difficult it will be to upgrade.

Wojciech

Marcus Young

Sep 9, 2016, 12:02:00 PM9/9/16
to OpenTripPlanner Users, opentripp...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting a test failure when I try to build this version in NetBeans:

Test set: org.opentripplanner.updater.bike_rental.TestShareBikeRentalStationSource
Tests run: 2, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.062 sec <<< FAILURE!
testShareBike(org.opentripplanner.updater.bike_rental.TestShareBikeRentalStationSource)  Time elapsed: 0.031 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: null
    at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
    at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
    at org.opentripplanner.updater.bike_rental.TestShareBikeRentalStationSource.testShareBike(TestShareBikeRentalStationSource.java:16)
    at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
    at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:83)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:236)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:134)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:113)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodWithArray(ReflectionUtils.java:189)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ProviderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:165)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.invokeProvider(ProviderFactory.java:85)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:103)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:74)

Marcus Young

Sep 9, 2016, 12:27:32 PM9/9/16
to OpenTripPlanner Users, opentripp...@googlegroups.com
17:26:00.521 WARN (ShareBikeRentalDataSource.java:77) Unable to extract url parameter 'SystemID' query parameter from sharebike url, using random value c6355ce6-45c6-42ab-8dfd-3d0d50fe22d0
Tests run: 2, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.072 sec <<< FAILURE!

Marcus Young

Sep 9, 2016, 12:28:35 PM9/9/16
to OpenTripPlanner Users, opentripp...@googlegroups.com
Further info:

17:26:00.521 WARN (ShareBikeRentalDataSource.java:77) Unable to extract url parameter 'SystemID' query parameter from sharebike url, using random value c6355ce6-45c6-42ab-8dfd-3d0d50fe22d0
Tests run: 2, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.072 sec <<< FAILURE!

Andrew Byrd

Sep 9, 2016, 2:09:34 PM9/9/16
to Marcus Young, OpenTripPlanner Users, opentripp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the report. That's strange, being the 1.0 release I was pretty careful about this and checked that the tests passed both locally and on the CI server before deploying the JAR.

Any chance you have local changes or cruft from previous builds?

If not this wouldn't be the first time a test failed in one place and not another. Can anyone reproduce this failure?

Andrew

Sent from my phone

Marcus Young

Sep 9, 2016, 2:22:21 PM9/9/16
to Andrew Byrd, OpenTripPlanner Users, opentripp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew,

Initially I merged the changes into my branch as I have a few minor changes to some settings (mainly in DefaultWayPropertySetSource). That failed the test when I tried to build.

I then created a new branch from the 1.0 tag. That failed the same test during build.

I should also say that 0.20 builds fine merged into my branch, as did 0.19.

Hope that helps.

Marcus

Mark Stosberg

Sep 9, 2016, 3:53:05 PM9/9/16
to OpenTripPlanner Users, opentripp...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for the 1.0 release.

Will the ChangeLog be updated to reflect what's new in the release?

The "Version Notes" should be updated as well to reflect the release:

Andrew Byrd

Sep 12, 2016, 1:21:45 AM9/12/16
to Mark Stosberg, OpenTripPlanner Users, opentripp...@googlegroups.com
Yes, they should be updated. I’ll put it on my list of things to do.

Andrew

Sean Barbeau

Sep 12, 2016, 12:06:54 PM9/12/16
to OpenTripPlanner Users, ma...@rideamigos.com, opentripp...@googlegroups.com
Andrew and all,
Congrats!  It's great to see everyone hard work pay off in the v1.0 release.  We appreciate everyone's contributions!

Sean