Adding content to the static pages like resources, about, faq, etc in the footer

Ulhas Shah

May 16, 2017, 4:13:34 AM5/16/17
to opentreemap-user
Hi,

I want to add some static information on the otm-core site under the pages about, faq, resources and terms and conditions.
I tried to find the template pages and urls but didn't get any specific url related templates.
How can add this information?
Also if i want to add few more links/pages in the footer, what should i do ?

Thank you.

Robin Schaufler

May 17, 2017, 10:34:12 AM5/17/17
to opentreemap-user
Hi Ulhas,

Unfortunately, we aren't releasing the static page editor. But next week sometime we will be doing a release that includes default static pages that you can use as templates if you like.

Have a look at class StaticPage in opentreemap/treemap/models.py (master:/opentreemap/treemap/models.py#L71). The content field should contain a plain HTML fragment, just tags you would normally see inside the <body>. You can use the management shell or dbshell to insert your content.

The name field of a StaticPage row can be anything. The built-in ones are listed in StaticPage.built_in_names(). If you add any with other names, they will automatically be appended to the list of links on the bottom of the page, with whatever you specified for the name field.