want to hide stewardship option in the android app

Ulhas Shah

Apr 29, 2017, 7:50:51 AM4/29/17
to opentreemap-user
Hello,

I have successfully compiled the otm-android app.

Now I want to customise the application.

When we add a tree after selecting the location on map the tree information form appears.

In this form there is a option in ending of the form asking to add new stewardship.

We don't want this option in the application and want to hide or comment it.

How can hide this option?

Robin Schaufler

May 1, 2017, 10:42:32 AM5/1/17
to opentreemap-user
Hi Ulhas!

Please wait a couple weeks.

We already have functionality to do what you're asking, but it isn't available right now in otm-core master branch.

If you like, you can peek at the otm-core develop branch, and look for the Data Fields management page, to get a sneak preview, but I recommend waiting until it gets merged to master before acting on it, in case we have to make changes first.

Robin

Ulhas Shah

May 1, 2017, 11:00:24 AM5/1/17
to opentreemap-user
Thanks Robin,

So the Android app form gets loaded from the otm-core server?
If so then how does the form works offline?

And is it that once this update is merged in main branch it will reflect the change in the app Too?

Please explain this in detail and correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks again...
☺️😉

Robin Schaufler

May 1, 2017, 11:07:53 AM5/1/17
to opentreemap-user
NP, Ulhas.

We have a closed source repository, complimentary to the open source otm-core, where management pages have historically existed. The SASS OpenTreeMap product provides access to these pages to map owners. We are in the process of open-sourcing much of this closed-source repository right now.

The Data Fields page on the OTM website lets the user configure what fields to show, and in what order. The configuration goes into the database. The otm-core back-end mobile api sends configuration information to the android app, which then configures tree and add-tree details accordingly.

Once the open sourcing is complete, the Data Fields page will be in otm-core, along with a whole lot of other management pages. Not everything is being open sourced. For instance, our SASS billing structure remains closed. But you will have direct access to the things that you need.

Hope that helps!
Robin

Ulhas Shah

May 1, 2017, 11:21:24 AM5/1/17
to opentreemap-user
Whoa.. That was quick reply..
Grt.

Yeah now it's very clear...

Few last questions.

So if I update the site later with this code what effects will it have on my current site apart from the form UI?

Also if I do this customization on the server will this configuration change sent to users app directly

Or

I have to send them a app update?

Robin Schaufler

May 1, 2017, 1:25:00 PM5/1/17
to opentreemap-user
The website will have an additional link at the top, Management.
Following the link will go to a page with a new sidebar full of links, which you can explore at your leisure.

Users may have to  reload the app after a website Management reconfiguration in order to benefit.

Robin