otm-android translation

Ricard Roca Munárriz

Apr 12, 2016, 12:38:55 PM4/12/16
to opentreemap-user
Hello,

I am translating otm-android to catalan. I successfully translated nearly all the UI translating using res/strings.xml.
It seems to me that the data related to trees is picked up from the server so I am not very sure how to internationalize this part of the UI.
I would appreciate some hint over this.

Thanks in advance!

Michael Maurizi

Apr 14, 2016, 12:47:32 PM4/14/16
to opentreemap-user
Ricard,

You're right that some of the text comes from the server.
You'll need to use the Django translations framework to translate those strings.

Best of luck, and I hope you'll consider submitting a pull request to otm-android and otm-core once you've completed your translations.

- Michael

Michael Maurizi, Software Developer
Azavea |  990 Spring Garden, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA
mmau...@azavea.com | Web azavea.com  |  @azavea

Ricard Roca Munárriz

Apr 14, 2016, 1:33:51 PM4/14/16
to opentreemap-user
Ok thank you. Once done I will submit the pull request!

El dijous, 14 abril de 2016 18:47:32 UTC+2, Michael Maurizi va escriure:

Nico Aliotta

Apr 28, 2016, 12:08:38 PM4/28/16
to opentreemap-user
I've commited one of the 2 files django.po with the translation in italian

but i'm not able to commit this one:
https://github.com/nicoali/otm-core/blob/patch-2/opentreemap/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/django.po

Nico Aliotta

May 2, 2016, 10:12:53 AM5/2/16
to opentreemap-user
Ricardo or someone of the staff of OTM

can you tell me which is/are the file/s for translate the android app?

Thanks in advance

Ricard Roca Munárriz

May 2, 2016, 10:49:29 AM5/2/16
to opentreemap-user
As start I have created strings.xml file for my locale...as example
res/values-fr/strings.xml

further information in...
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/localization.html
Then you'll have to change the text coming from the server as Michael said.

Good luck

El dilluns, 2 maig de 2016 16:12:53 UTC+2, Nico Aliotta va escriure:

Nico Aliotta

May 2, 2016, 10:56:22 AM5/2/16
to opentreemap-user
Thanks! Found it!

I've already translated the 2 po files for the part that come from the server.
So if i translate the string.xml on the app, will be all written in italian/catalan (for you)?

Ricard Roca Munárriz

May 3, 2016, 8:44:18 AM5/3/16
to opentreemap-user
I haven't had the time to check it as I have still things to translate on the server side.

El dilluns, 2 maig de 2016 16:56:22 UTC+2, Nico Aliotta va escriure:

Nico Aliotta

May 29, 2016, 12:39:05 PM5/29/16
to opentreemap-user
i've translated the file  strings.xml in res/values/strings.xml
and seems that all is fine except when i try to edit information of some tree.

some words are still in english.

Do you know if there is other xml to edit or these words comes from the website?

Screenshot_2016-05-29-18-29-47.jpeg