Android app compilation - stepwise

Johnson Chetty

Jul 9, 2015, 4:06:34 PM7/9/15
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I was trying to get the Android app compiled. And I figured from this earlier Discussion Thread  that Felipe Marquez had his config file ready and set, and Michael Maurizi commenting that App.java was old and not needed for the new compile to work.

As of now, I thought it would be great if I could try to get all the components working. I was having a go at them and thought I should ask someone more intimate with the  details of the codebase!

Firstly, just wanted to confirm all the steps in the current how-to pdf https://github.com/OpenTreeMap/otm-android/blob/9b67bd669825ac0d87f7799d5ad79695f08c95a7/howto.pdf
Are they up-to-date?

Michael Maurizi

Jul 9, 2015, 4:30:14 PM7/9/15
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Johnson,

No, that PDF is not up to date.

I would suggest looking at the README and following the instructions in it, which should be enough to get you going.

Thanks,
Michael

Johnson Chetty

Jul 10, 2015, 2:12:27 AM7/10/15
to opentreemap-user
Hello,

Michael, Thanks for your quick response!

I did go through the README and I had followed the instructions there. The app had compiled though I had gotten errors on startup, specifically, "Cannot load configured instance'.
And other errors which are cascading since the instance hasn't loaded.

I have set app keys in settings.py on the server and in the db as well.
Will check if the API call resolves on the server with the same credentials, firstly.

--
Regards,
Johnson Chetty