OTM-Vagrant Infos

Nico Aliotta

Apr 2, 2016, 11:46:34 AM4/2/16
to opentreemap-user
Thanks for helping me in installing OTM-vagrant and Congratulations for the work that you have done with OTM.
It's a fantastic project.

I have few questions about it.

As you know I want in the future to install OTM on an ubuntu server (when you will add a new tutorial installation), in the mean time i want to translate it and i want to add some trees of my area.

1) Is there the way from browser to export all the trees that i've added to import them in the future on OTM on the server?
Or i've to save them from Postgress? or there is another way to do that?

2) is there anyway to use otm-ecoservice also if i'm not in US?

3) Is it normal that all links at Bottom of webpage except TreeID  reports "There is no content for this page yet."?

4) Is it normal that i can see the webpages of OTM-vagrant in intranet from all PCs but i cannot visit the pages from tablet and smartphones (also using Firefox on them) ?

Thanks in advance

Nico Aliotta

Apr 3, 2016, 8:56:57 AM4/3/16
to opentreemap-user
About Point 1

i've seen that on opentreemap website https://www.opentreemap.org/napolitrees/management/site-config/

there is a button "manage" that i cannot see in OTM-Vagrant
clicking on it i can see bulk uploader and other interesting staff!

Is it possible to use that page on OTM vagrant?

Deborah Boyer

Apr 4, 2016, 10:50:36 AM4/4/16
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nico,

I can't answer all your questions, but here's some info.

2. OpenTreeMap uses i-Tree Streets, developed by the US Forest Service, to calculate the ecosystem benefits of trees. It's not recommended for use outside the US because it's based on US weather and pollution data and an American model of energy consumption (single family homes with heat in winter and air conditioning in summer). It's technically possible to use it on maps outside the US by associating your map with an American climate region, but I wouldn't be confident in the accuracy of the generated benefits. There's more information at https://www.itreetools.org/eco/international.php on using i-Tree outside the US.

3. You are correct; the links at the bottom of the page do not come populated with content other than Tree ID. We link to the Arbor Day Foundation's ID guide (http://www.arborday.org/trees/whatTree/) as a default for Tree ID.

From your second email: OpenTreeMap includes a management page for configuring roles, custom fields, and other items related to a tree map. The user interface for that management page is not currently part of the open source code although we anticipate adding it later in 2016. For now, configurations need to be done via the command line.

Thanks,
Deb

Deborah Boyer, Project Manager
Azavea |  990 Spring Garden Street, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA
T 215.701.7506  |  Web azavea.com  |  @azavea

Nico Aliotta

May 12, 2016, 2:43:26 PM5/12/16
to opentreemap-user
Thanks Deb for the link about point2!

but how to enable it in otm?

i can see :

Ecosystem benefits are not available for tree maps in locations outside the United States. More info is available on the OpenTreeMap FAQ page.

and seems that i've to use bulck uploader but in opensource version i think is not available.

Am i right?

Sorry for bombing the mailing list with questions, problems and issues :)

Ricard Roca Munárriz

May 13, 2016, 2:22:22 PM5/13/16
to opentreemap-user
Hello Deb,

I am also interested in linking my treemap instance to a climate region. How can we do that? I checked the management commands but I couldn't see how to do it. Or if it's needed, what tables on the database do we need to update?

Thanks

El dijous, 12 maig de 2016 20:43:26 UTC+2, Nico Aliotta va escriure:

Rick Mohr

May 16, 2016, 11:06:42 AM5/16/16
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Rick Mohr, Software Developer

Azavea  |  990 Spring Garden Street, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA
215.701.7504  |  Web azavea.com  |  @azavea

Ricard Roca Munárriz

May 24, 2016, 2:22:17 PM5/24/16
to opentreemap-user
Thank you Rick, I managed to change it by updating the field itree_region_default in the treemap_instance of the database.

El dilluns, 16 maig de 2016 17:06:42 UTC+2, Rick Mohr va escriure:

Ricard Roca Munárriz

May 27, 2016, 9:08:54 AM5/27/16
to opentreemap-user
Hello, I updated itree_region_default with 'SoCalCSMA'. I keep getting 'We were unable to calculate ecosystem benefits for this tree.'
I get a unknown_eco_failure exception...Any hints?

Thank you

Environment:

Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://arbre.agr.upv.es/xirivella/benefit/search

Django Version: 1.8.8
Python Version: 2.7.6
Installed Applications:
('treemap',

'geocode',

'api',

'exporter',

'otm1_migrator',

'otm_comments',

'importer',

'appevents',

'stormwater',

'django_extensions',

'threadedcomments',

'django_comments',

'registration',

'django.contrib.auth',

'django.contrib.contenttypes',

'django.contrib.sessions',

'django.contrib.sites',

'django.contrib.messages',

'django.contrib.staticfiles',

'django.contrib.admin',

'django.contrib.gis',

'django.contrib.humanize',

'django_hstore',

'djcelery',

'url_tools')
Installed Middleware:
('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',

'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',

'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware',

'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',

'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',

'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',

'opentreemap.middleware.InternetExplorerRedirectMiddleware')

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response

132.                     response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/otm/app/opentreemap/treemap/decorators.py" in wrapper

45.             return view_fn(request, instance, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/views/decorators/http.py" in inner

158.                 response = func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django_tinsel/decorators.py" in wrapper

79.                 params = callable_or_dict(request, *args, **wrapper_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/otm/app/opentreemap/treemap/views/tree.py" in search_tree_benefits

69.     benefits, basis = get_benefits_for_filter(filter)
File "/usr/local/otm/app/opentreemap/treemap/ecobenefits.py" in get_benefits_for_filter

415.         ft_benefit_groups, ft_basis = _benefits_for_class(C, filter)
File "/usr/local/otm/app/opentreemap/treemap/ecobenefits.py" in _benefits_for_class

351.     return get_cached_benefits(cls.__name__, filter, compute_benefits)
File "/usr/local/otm/app/opentreemap/treemap/ecocache.py" in get_cached_benefits

28.     return _get_or_compute(prefix, filter, compute_value)
File "/usr/local/otm/app/opentreemap/treemap/ecocache.py" in _get_or_compute

45.             value = compute_value()
File "/usr/local/otm/app/opentreemap/treemap/ecobenefits.py" in <lambda>

349.     compute_benefits = lambda: benefits_fn(filter.instance, filter)
File "/usr/local/otm/app/opentreemap/treemap/ecobenefits.py" in benefits_for_filter

183.             raise Exception(err)

Exception Type: Exception at /xirivella/benefit/search
Exception Value: unknown_eco_failure

El dimarts, 24 maig de 2016 20:22:17 UTC+2, Ricard Roca Munárriz va escriure:

Rick Mohr

May 27, 2016, 9:36:28 AM5/27/16
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Is the ecoservice running?

    sudo service ecoservice status

If not, start it:

    sudo service ecoservice start

Ricard Roca Munárriz

May 27, 2016, 10:30:06 AM5/27/16
to opentreemap-user
thank you Rick. It seems I have problems running the service.I'll check this out.

El divendres, 27 maig de 2016 15:36:28 UTC+2, Rick Mohr va escriure:

Ricard Roca Munárriz

May 28, 2018, 8:01:05 AM5/28/18
to opentreemap-user
Hello,

I managed to associate my OTM project to a US region and calculate the ecobenefits.  On the other hand, I have seen that new models for international projects have been integrated i-Tree (for example Madrid, Spain). How can I use these models in opentreemap? Is there a way to export those data from i-tree to https://github.com/OpenTreeMap/otm-ecoservice/tree/develop/data so they can be used in OTM?

Thanks

Deborah Boyer

May 29, 2018, 2:11:11 PM5/29/18
to opentree...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My understanding is that the international data used in i-Tree is part of the i-Tree Eco model (https://www.itreetools.org/eco/international.php). OTM uses the ecosystem calculations found in the i-Tree Streets model. We do not have access to the code that supports the i-Tree Eco model in order to include it in OpenTreeMap. If you do, you would likely need to remove the existing ecosystem code in OTM and add the new Eco model code with data specific for Madrid, Spain.

Thanks,
Deb