Hello Tinkerers!

Maximilian Ascari

Mar 23, 2012, 5:19:02 AM3/23/12
to openTOYS
Hi, my name is Maximilian, I'm from Italy. I love tinkering and
Arduino, I recycle everything I can (and I often save things that
cannot be recycled, just because I feel bad every time I have to throw
something away) .
I work with children and teenagers in schools. I teach them the basics
of electronics and electrotechnics, aiming at recycling e-waste to
tinker and make toys out of it.
I'm always looking for new ideas and toys to create. A couple of years
ago I made a toy very similar to Dhairya's Keyano, with Arduino and a
keyboard. It's nice :-)
I would be glad to share other ideas with you.
This is the website dedicated to my course in electronics:
http://www.riciclabile.tk/
I'm sorry it's in italian (google translate can help). If you want to
see some projects (with pictures!):
http://riciclabile.ilbello.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=13&Itemid=127
These projects are very simple, not much electronics involved, but
suitable for children to realize. They mostly use motors and leds,
switches and resistors.
The big drawback is always the same: to play with these toys we need
POWER... so recycling is a good thing, but is it a good thing to
consume more and more electricity?
If only solar panel were cheaper....
Well, thanks and keep the good job!
Bye