Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Rod Lopez

no llegida,
14 de nov. 2015, 3:00:0814/11/15
a opensport
I will like to acces to a dataset (or database ) of the World Cup 2014 in order to do a Data Mining project for my graduate Class project. How can I download the data.
Thank you,
Rod.
P.S: I'm very new to GitHub

Gerald Bauer

no llegida,
14 de nov. 2015, 3:02:5214/11/15
a open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Welcome to football.db. The best "recommended" and easiest way to
get started is using Datafiles [1]. First, of course, you need to
install the sportdb tool e.g.:

$ gem install sportdb # will also install sqlite support

Now you can build yourself a database using Datafile. Example:

$ sportdb new worldcup # get world cup dataset

Will fetch zip archives from github and build the sport.db database. Now try:

$ sqlite3 sport.db
> .tables
> select from * teams;
> .exit

I'd recommend starting with sqlite3 - if you're new to the sqlite3
command line you might try/use a visual tool - try SQLite Studio [2]
(it's free).

The best way to get started is to get started and than if you have
more (new) questions post them here. Cheers.

[1] github.com/openfootball/datafile
[2] sqlitestudio.pl

Rod Lopez

no llegida,
16 de nov. 2015, 13:45:1116/11/15
a opensport
First at all thank for your reply...from where I can install the sportdb tool?
Thank you,
Rod.

Gerald Bauer

no llegida,
16 de nov. 2015, 17:40:1416/11/15
a open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
The sportdb tool is a Ruby library / gem [1]. You will need to
install Ruby first. Ruby includes a package manager called gems. Once
you have Ruby installed try:

$ gem install sportdb

Cheers.

[1] https://rubygems.org/gems/sportdb
> --

Rod Lopez

no llegida,
18 de nov. 2015, 0:59:1218/11/15
a opensport
Got it. Thanks a lot!!!

Rod Lopez

no llegida,
20 de nov. 2015, 10:29:1220/11/15
a opensport
Gerald sorry to bother you... I just install Ruby ...I need to running from the command line prompt : $ gem install sportdb .......in order to download the database?
You are specific the path  ....https://rubygems.org/gems/sportdb  no clear at this point...
Sorry my newbie knowledge's...
Thank you..

On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 5:40:14 PM UTC-5, Gerald Bauer wrote:
Hello,
  The sportdb tool is a Ruby library / gem [1].  You will need to
install Ruby first.  Ruby includes a package manager called gems. Once
you have Ruby installed try:

Gerald Bauer

no llegida,
20 de nov. 2015, 10:32:2020/11/15
a open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

No worries. If you have Ruby installed, try:

$ gem env

To see if the RubyGems package manager is installed. If yes, just try:

$ gem install sportdb

That's it. It will automatically fetch the gem from RubyGems.org

Once installed try:

$ sportdb help

To see if it is installed. Good luck. Cheers.

Rod Lopez

no llegida,
20 de nov. 2015, 10:44:5220/11/15
a opensport
Gerald.... this what I installed...you will tell me I did it  wrong or right...From there I must running Ruby (I assume)...
Thank you,
Rod.
P.S: See the attachment pic...
Pict.png

Gerald Bauer

no llegida,
22 de nov. 2015, 3:50:5722/11/15
a open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Looks good. Cheers. PS: If you're trying to learn to use the
command line I suggest looking into some books e.g. Learn Enough
Command Line to Be Dangerous by Michael Hartl or something.

[1] www.learnenough.com/command-line-tutorial
Respon a tots
Respon a l'autor
Reenvia