Empty tables after build

Corneil du Plessis

Mar 15, 2015, 4:46:23 PM3/15/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
I tried doing a local build using build and build-shell.
I tried worldcup and es but the schemas look the same and I end up with now rows in assocs or assocs_assocs.
There is no squad table and I can't find a way to link players to teams playing matches.

Versions:
Ubuntu 14.10
ruby 2.1.2p95
rake 10.1.1
gem 2.2.2

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Regards
Corneil

Gerald Bauer

Mar 15, 2015, 4:56:35 PM3/15/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Thanks for trying football.db To get started it is now
recommended to use Datafiles [1].For example, to build yourself a
football.db using the worldcup datasets use:

$ sportdb new worldcup
and for the spanish liga
$ sportdb new es2014-15

Note: Always start spordb new in a new folder/directory e.g. mkdir
es; cd es; sportdb new es2014-15 otherwise you will get your
Datafiles mixed up.

> I end up with now rows in assocs or assocs_assocs.

The football assocications is an optional datasets [2]. It is not
included in any default build. The national teams get stored in the
teams table - if you import the world cup they should be read-to-go.

Not sure if this answers your questions.

Cheers.

[1] https://github.com/openfootball/datafile
[2] https://github.com/openfootball/assocs

Gerald Bauer

Mar 15, 2015, 5:01:10 PM3/15/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

> There is no squad table and I can't find a way to link players to
teams playing matches.

Sorry for the complications. The join table (for teams and players)
will get renamed to squads - in the "current" version the table is
stil called/named rosters.

Cheers.

Corneil du Plessis

Mar 16, 2015, 9:34:29 AM3/16/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
I did the following:
in openfootball
mkdir newdir
cd newdir
sportdb new worldcup

afterwards open sport.db
The table roster is empty.

Gerald Bauer

Mar 16, 2015, 2:10:39 PM3/16/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Yes, that is as expected. The worldcup "standard" build includes
the teams and schedule but does NOT include any players and squads,
thus, the rosters table is empty. Sorry.

The players and squad support is for now experimental and not part
of any "standard" build. If you want to include the players and squads
than you will have to use a "custom", that is, write your own build
script. In theory and practice the World Cup Brazil 2014 dataset
includes the squad datasets for the final round. Sorry there's no
"easy" (single command line) way for now. Cheers.

Gerald Bauer

Mar 16, 2015, 2:15:43 PM3/16/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
FYI: To load the squads for the World Cup 2014 in Brazil, for
example, you can use the 2014_squads [1] setup (after running the
"standard" 2014 setup).

Cheers.

[1] https://github.com/openfootball/world-cup/blob/master/setups/2014_squads.txt

Corneil du Plessis

Mar 17, 2015, 5:26:39 PM3/17/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Are there any datasets that contains rosters?
I would like to tests some analysis ideas and I am not too picky about the dataset I would just like to try some algorithms and compare to history etc.

Gerald Bauer

Mar 23, 2015, 4:45:49 AM3/23/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
> Are there any datasets that contains rosters?

So for only the World Cup 2014 in Brazil has all (complete)
national team squads (rosters) datasets [1] included. Cheers.

[1] github.com/openfootball/world-cup/tree/master/2014--brazil/squads