football.db in the New Year 2015 - Any Wishes? Suggestions? Ideas? Comments?

Gerald Bauer

Dec 10, 2014, 5:21:52 PM12/10/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You're invited to post any wishes, suggestions, ideas, comments for
the football.db and friends. Anything you want to see changed, added,
removed, polished in 2015?

Let us know here on the forum / mailing list.

Cheers.

Joe Kampschmidt

Dec 11, 2014, 9:03:05 PM12/11/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
I will be in Europe next year in the Spring for a while. Can I come buy you a beer for all the work you do?

Joe

Gerald Bauer

Dec 12, 2014, 3:14:27 AM12/12/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Thanks for your kind words and - of course - all your contributions
(sql views, docs, build-shell, etc.). Keep it up. I'm in Austria,
Vienna - lots of beer available ;-) - you can get on-site brewed
"American"-style craft beer at the 1516 Brewing Co., for example [1]
or "real" Budweiser from Budweis (just an hour and 1/2 west of Vienna)
in the Schweizerhaus biergarten [2].

Cheers.

[1] www.1516brewingcompany.com
[2] www.schweizerhaus.at

Kevin Ndung'u

Jan 27, 2015, 3:06:20 PM1/27/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
New Year Greetings.
The basic idea I wish to suggest is that whether this data could be converted into formats that are easily parsed from a program
e.g. Formats such as TOML or YAML.
This could readily enhance its usage and avoiding the need for manual parsing.
What are your ideas on this?

Gerald Bauer

Jan 28, 2015, 4:33:12 AM1/28/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Prosit 2015! Thanks for your ideas and comments. Welcome.
The idea of football.db is that once you have the data in SQLite
(or PostgreSQL etc.) you can export it to any format you like (e.g.
TOML, YAML, JSON, CSV, etc.). You're more than welcome to share you
export scripts and formats.

For "mass" imports there's also the football.csv org / project. Cheers.

[1] github.com/footballcsv