Euro 2016 data

Ido Tamir

Apr 18, 2016, 4:28:25 AM4/18/16
to opensport
Hello,
I am looking for Euro 2016 data in a computer readable format.

https://github.com/openfootball/euro-cup/tree/master/2016--france is rather empty.
For the world cup 2014 I found a month before the world cup not only the matches, but you had all the players and teams listed, and all in a nice database.

Will this be available again for the euro 2016 soon?
Do you know an alternative site where I can download this data?

thank you very much,
ido

Gerald Bauer

Apr 18, 2016, 8:41:55 AM4/18/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

> Will this be available again for the euro 2016 soon?

Why not start adding yourself?

> Do you know an alternative site where I can download this data?

See the awesome football data list [1] or Joe Kampschmidt's Guide
to Football data and APIs [2].

Cheers.

[1] github.com/planetopendata/awesome-football
[2] www.jokecamp.com/blog/guide-to-football-and-soccer-data-and-apis

Gabriele N.

May 8, 2016, 8:25:10 AM5/8/16
to opensport
Hi Gerald,
I'm a bit confused on how can I contribute in filling data: do I simply need to update the text files in https://github.com/openfootball/euro-cup?

Cheers,
Gabriele

Gerald Bauer

May 8, 2016, 8:30:20 AM5/8/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks for you interest in football.db.

> how can I contribute in filling data: do I simply need to update the text files > in https://github.com/openfootball/euro-cup?

Yes, the idea is that it works like a "modern" wiki e.g. a text
file anybody can edit.

The difference from a "standard" wiki is using git and github e.g.
the first time if you're not a member you have to send in a "patch",
that is, pull request.

Using the tooling e.g. the spordb command line tools you can turn
the "plain text files" into a proper SQL database (e.g. football.db).

Welcome. Cheers.

Gabriele N.

May 8, 2016, 6:10:32 PM5/8/16
to opensport
Ok, thanks.
I pulled my first change request; hope I didn't screw up anything!

Cheers,
Gabriele

Gerald Bauer

May 9, 2016, 6:47:30 AM5/9/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Fantastic. Thanks. Merged your patch / pull request. 32 to go to
kick off. Cheers.