football.db RSSSF (Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation) Archive Data Importer Updated

Gerald Bauer

Jul 25, 2015, 3:18:20 PM7/25/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

FYI: I've reworked the import procedure for the massive RSSSF
(Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation) archive data. What's news?

1) HTML to .txt converter

I've created a HTML to .txt converter for the RSSSF table pages.
The script will fetch an RSSSF table page, for example,
rsssf.com/tablese/eng2015.html and turn it into plain text e.g.

## England 2014/15

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Premier League
Cup Tournaments
Championship
Division 1
Division 2
Conference
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

#### Premier League

Final Table:

1.Chelsea 38 26 9 3 73-32 87 Champions
2.Manchester City 38 24 7 7 83-38 79

See (real-world) examples in /tables folder in all rsssf repos.

2) Match Schedule Finder / Extractor

Next I've created a script that will split-up the all-in-one table
docs into one file for each match schedules - ready-to-use for
importing into the football.db e.g.

Round 1
[Aug 16]
Arsenal 2-1 Crystal P
Leicester 2-2 Everton
Manchester U 1-2 Swansea
QPR 0-1 Hull
Stoke 0-1 Aston Villa
West Bromwich 2-2 Sunderland
West Ham 0-1 Tottenham
[Aug 17]
Liverpool 2-1 Southampton
Newcastle 0-2 Manchester C
[Aug 18]
Burnley 1-3 Chelsea

Again see (real-world) examples in all /2015-16, /2014-15, and so on
folders in all rsssf repos.

Questions? Comments? Welcome. Cheers.

[1] github.com/rsssf