Open Sports Data Hackdays - Fr+Sa 23+24 May - Basel, Milano, Your City?

Gerald Bauer

Apr 10, 2014, 5:23:09 PM4/10/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Hannes Gassert from the Swiss chapter of the Open Knowledge Foundation writes:

Sport is fun, sport is healthy, sport is a business - and sport is
data, too. Scores and and times, athletic performance over time,
passes played from A to B in real time, your own bicycle rides: there
is more and more data for more and more of sports, and more is
becoming open data, too!

It therefore is time to kick off the first International Sports
Hackdays: two days of data wrangling, visualizing games and working on
apps that matter to fans and athletes alike, to improve, to have fun,
and to win.

Taking place on 23-24 May as a global event, the hackdays will be
headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with local nodes being planned
all over Europe.

Right now we are collecting open data[1], we are negotiating with
international sports organizations (so many of them are in
Switzerland!), we are assembling teams of developers, designers,
journalists and athletes, and we're convinced this is going to be a
huge win for everybody!

Come play as well and sign up now to participate at one of the following nodes

Basel, Sierre, Milano, London, Your City?

Source and more info @ opendata.ch/2014/04/sports-hackdays

Cheers.

[1] datahub.io/organization/sport