Player database

Alan

Mar 23, 2015, 4:46:42 AM3/23/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I found a reference to football.db on a stack exchange forum. I am hoping you might be able to help me.

I am trying to set-up a website for football fans - a site that will enable fans to chat to each other and exchange opinions.

I am looking for a data feed that includes the following info for the English Premier League and Championship:

1) A list of Premier League managers & players dating back to the 1992-3 season.
 - To include name, age, number of appearances, honours, shirt number, goals scored, assists, disciplinary records etc...player profile information.
2) A list of Championship League managers & players dating back to the 1992-3 season.
 - Same info needed
3) A feed for current season Premier League fixtures, date, match location & referee.

In time I might need to expand the feed to include other data points. However to start off I am keeping things simple and trying to minimise costs.

I am speaking to Opta however the prices seem exorbitant considering much of this info is already in the public domain.

Would I be able to use football.db to provide any of the data I need?

Many thanks,
Alan.

Gerald Bauer

Mar 23, 2015, 4:52:45 AM3/23/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Welcome to football.db. It's just getting started. The more you
contribute to football.db the more data you will find. For
alternative data sources (options) see Joe Kampschmidt great list and
write-up about football data sources (options) [1]. Cheers.

[1] www.jokecamp.com/blog/guide-to-football-and-soccer-data-and-apis/