kickoff times / api data updates

Marvin Preuss

May 27, 2014, 7:27:07 AM5/27/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

im doing my first experiments with football.db. i plan to write a little flask-based app to bet with my family on the world cup games.

 - in the example (http://footballdb.herokuapp.com/) are the kickoff-times. also in cup.txt (https://github.com/openfootball/world-cup/blob/master/2014--brazil/cup.txt). how can i get them through the API? is that possible?

- i want to host the api by myself. so i build the DB and started it with "sportdb -n football.db serve". whats the best way to update the db? writing a script to pull the new data from the repos and building them? or is something like this implemented in the sportdb command?

thank you for the awesome work on this. i love opendata... and even more if they are about football ;-)

Gerald Bauer

May 27, 2014, 8:07:36 AM5/27/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

  Thanks for your interest in football.db.

> - in the example (http://footballdb.herokuapp.com/) are the kickoff-times. also in cup.txt
> (https://github.com/openfootball/world-cup/blob/master/2014--brazil/cup.txt). how can i get them through the API? is that
> possible?

  The API is document here -> github.com/openfootball/api  or  use the source -> github.com/geraldb/sport.db.api.starter

>- i want to host the api by myself. so i build the DB and started it with "sportdb -n football.db serve". whats the best way to
> update the db? writing a script to pull the new data from the repos and building them? or is something like this implemented
> in the sportdb command?

   I'd recommed updating with the build script (e.g. rake update DATA=worldcup), for example Use what works for you. Good luck. Cheers.

Marvin Preuss

May 27, 2014, 8:33:43 AM5/27/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:07:36 PM UTC+2, Gerald Bauer wrote:

  The API is document here -> github.com/openfootball/api  or  use the source -> github.com/geraldb/sport.db.api.starter

i cant find anything in there about the kickoff times. the date yes... but the times? maybe im just way too blind to see. but i cant seem to get them through the API.

Gerald Bauer

May 27, 2014, 8:41:30 AM5/27/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Thanks for checking. Sorry, the API is still very basic and missing
groups, stadiums, etc.. You're invited to add the kickoff time - add a
line of code to the server.rb script, for example, using the api
starter project or, of course, try it using Python w/ Flask. Cheers.