women's world cup database?

Rahul Bot

Apr 16, 2015, 2:23:25 PM4/16/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone created a db for the upcoming Women's World Cup?  I didn't see it on the demo site (http://footballdb.herokuapp.com/).

Thanks for any tips,

Rahul

Gerald Bauer

Apr 16, 2015, 5:10:28 PM4/16/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

> Has anyone created a db for the upcoming Women's World Cup?

Good question. To get you started I've just created a new repo, that
is, /world-cup-women [1]

I've also added the Canada 2015 finals schedule w/ all 24 national
teams in 6 groups [2]

To try use the new worldcupwomen Datafile [3] e.g. try:

$ sportdb new worldcupwomen

Cheers.

[1] github.com/openfootball/world-cup-women
[2] github.com/openfootball/world-cup-women/blob/master/2015--canada/cup.txt
[3] github.com/openfootball/datafile/blob/master/worldcupwomen.rb

Rahul Bot

May 6, 2015, 12:54:22 PM5/6/15
to open...@googlegroups.com

Thanks so much! I'll play with it next week and see...

Rahul

Gerald Bauer

Jun 8, 2015, 1:52:16 PM6/8/15
to open...@googlegroups.com, rahu...@gmail.com
Hello,

  FYI:  It looks like Eric Stiens has updated [1] the FIFA world cup site scraper and JSON API service for the Women's World Cup (WWC). See the world_cup_json [1] repo for details.

  And Chris Edgemon has updated [2] the international_data repo at the SoccerStats US org with the latest Women's World Cup (WWC) results.

  If anyone knows any other sources or services for the Women's World Cup, let us know.

 Cheers.

PS: Just a reminder, you're welcome and invited to help keep the results up-to-date at the football.db repo for the Women's World Cup. See the cup.txt [3] file for adding the missing results ;-) Anyone?

Gerald Bauer

Jun 9, 2015, 10:18:02 AM6/9/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

FYI: I've also posted a question to the opendata stackexchange e.g.

Q: Any Open Data Sets for the (Football) Women's World Cup (in
Canada 2015)? [1]

Cheers.

[1] http://opendata.stackexchange.com/questions/5410/any-open-data-sets-for-the-football-womens-world-cup-in-canada-2015

Rahul Bot

Jun 18, 2015, 1:58:38 PM6/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Great pointers.  I used Eric Stiens FIFA scraper data to update my small site that recommends which game to watch in the US based on local immigrant populations around you:

Thanks!

Rahul