Meet our Superstars!

p...@google.com

Jun 29, 2010, 6:43:14 AM6/29/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Hello to everyone!

Stats say ours is a pretty busy group, with about 14 daily posts and about 5 new members joining in every day. Managing a group this big and so active is definitely not a piece of cake for anybody, and we get on by only because of the generous contributions from each one of you.

However, there have been some developers amongst you upon whom we have consistently relied to jump in, share their knowledge and experience, ever ready to lend a helping hand and pull us out of our technical holes. They're probably experts in their own fields and rarely have an occasion to pose a question themselves, and yet if they still hang around and make such frequent appearances, it could be for no other reason than just for helping us all out!

Please join me in thanking our Superstars for their time and help. They agreed to share some information about them that I'm posting below so you all get to know them better.

Prashant Patil

You probably know him too well! Prashant lives in Satara, India, and has been active on the orkut help forum as well as on our opensocial-orkut group almost ever since orkut kicked off in India. He's one of the original Three orkuteers we also had the pleasure of inviting at our Bangalore office way back in 2008 to recognise his contributions to the orkut community. Prashant has submitted countless applications to the directory, but he seems to be a big fan of the Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif, or else his most favourite of them all wouldn't be all dedicated to her! Besides being a die-hard Katrina fan, his love for orkut also shows on his website orkutfans.in, a place loaded with scrap ideas for all moods and occasions.

You always know it's coming! Browse through any page of recent posts to the orkut-opensocial or opensocial-br groups, and sure enough, Robson's extremely helpful posts are here, there and everywhere to enlighten us all. A resident of São Paulo, Brazil, Robson is a passionate advocate of Google products and APIs and, in his own words posted on his Twitter bio, a "Socialweb Evangelist & Google APIs expert. Python, PHP, C++ coder." But he says orkut and OpenSocial are things closest to his heart, and he keeps the spirit of the Social Web alive by helping others build better apps, thus pushing the product forward. To catch more of Robson, follow him on his blogs at http://blogdodantas.dxs.com.br and http://www.opensocial-br.org.

Meet Dhaval from Thane, India. Dhaval has been instrumental in helping many of us with his rich experience in orkut/OpenSocial app development. Dhaval is mostly consumed by his busy work at office, yet he somehow manages to find some time to sneak into our forum every now and then, again just because he loves to share his knowledge with others! He has written many orkut apps, among which he counts SuperScrapMeetha MessageSeedhi Baat No Bakwaasand Amity Career Test among his favourites. Follow Dhaval on Twitter and keep up with him at his blog at http://dhavalyours.blogspot.com/.

Thanks again, guys! We'd love to have you around and inspire more people to join the bandwagon and take this community work forward! I also hope you wouldn't mind suffixing your Group nicknames with the title of "(Guru)" so that we're constantly reminded of your powers!

As a little token of our appreciation, your swags will be soon on the way! :)

Best,
Prashant

Dhaval Pancholi

Jun 29, 2010, 6:46:36 AM6/29/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hey prashant ,
Thanks for the appreciation. Guys go wild
with the platform would help you in all the ways i can.

Prashant (Google)

Jun 29, 2010, 6:48:01 AM6/29/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Ugh,

The old Google Groups removed all the links from my post! No worries,
we have a solution ready, please view this thread on our slightly
revamped codesite:
http://code.google.com/apis/orkut/forum.html?place=msg%2Fopensocial-orkut%2FOF_DGslAFOc%2FdMb8u3E6OFkJ

Prashant
> more of Robson, follow him on his blogs athttp://blogdodantas.dxs.com.brandhttp://www.opensocial-br.org.
>
> Dhaval Pancholi
>
> Meet Dhaval from Thane, India. Dhaval has been instrumental in helping
> many of us with his rich experience in orkut/OpenSocial app
> development. Dhaval is mostly consumed by his busy work at office, yet
> he somehow manages to find some time to sneak into our forum every now
> and then, again just because he loves to share his knowledge with
> others! He has written many orkut apps, among which he counts
> SuperScrap, Meetha Message, Seedhi Baat No Bakwaas, and Amity Career
> Test among his favourites. Follow Dhaval on Twitter and keep up with
> him at his blog athttp://dhavalyours.blogspot.com/.

Prashant Patil

Jun 29, 2010, 8:28:16 AM6/29/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hi Guide,
Thanks for appreciation. :-)! Orkut is always motivation and passion
for me! Thanks to orkut for providing this open social platform as
this helps me a lot to develop my programming skills as per
application needs!

Thanks again!!
Prashant P Patil.

On Jun 29, 3:48 pm, "Prashant (Google)" <p...@google.com> wrote:
> Ugh,
>
> The old Google Groups removed all the links from my post! No worries,
> we have a solution ready, please view this thread on our slightly
> revamped codesite:http://code.google.com/apis/orkut/forum.html?place=msg%2Fopensocial-o...

Alex Porto

Jun 29, 2010, 8:47:36 PM6/29/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Happy to notice these guys' works are being acknowledged! Now I'm really ashamed, because I've been reading the group messages for a while, and never thanked any of them. So, thank you, guys!

Just gave a glance to Robson's blog and noticed that his tips aren't limited to opensocial.Found good hints for fishing rods :) It's not easy to find good tech blogs in portuguese.Just kidding. The infos on server performance  are very good too.

That's it!

Alex

Robson Dantas

Jun 29, 2010, 9:05:29 PM6/29/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Prashant and Alex, and congrats Prashant Patil and Dhaval.

Hope to keep helping more and more.

Regards,

Robson Dantas