how to represent collections

Laurent-Walter Goix

Mar 15, 2012, 6:24:02 AM3/15/12
to OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
hello all,

i have realized to my understanding an inconsistency between OS and AS
on how to represent collections in json:

- AS (http://activitystrea.ms/specs/json/1.0/#collection) mentions
that the various items should be wrapped as array under "items", and
defines a "totalItems" property.
- OS (http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/spec/2.0.1/Core-
Data.xml#ActivityStreamsCollection) mentions a "result", but
specifically an "entry" property where to fit the array and additional
parameters, such as "totalResults" in lieu of the AS "totalItems".
(which is btw opensearch compliant)

could this be clarified in the spec cleanup?

thanks
walter

James M Snell

Mar 15, 2012, 10:19:15 AM3/15/12
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is a known issue a major frustration for me. I intend to
clean up this portion of the spec as soon as I can but haven't been
able to get there yet as I'm still working through core-gadget.

Laurent-Walter Goix

Apr 16, 2012, 11:48:37 PM4/16/12
to OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion