OpenSocial 2.5.1 updates

Matthew Marum

Aug 5, 2013, 9:43:12 PM8/5/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
We will shortly be moving into the formal review period for OpenSocial 2.5.1.  All the open specification issues tagged for OpenSocial 2.5.1 are tagged as 'under review' and have patches applied to the specification. See OS 2.5.1 Issues for details.

The current specification process needs some updates as we've moved the spec to Github, have an updated IPR agreement, and are using CLAHub to track IPR compliance from now on.

Once I've had a chance to update the process and publish it on Github, we will have a one week specification review period.  After which time we will have a voting period (typically one week) where we require at least 5 +1 votes and no -1 votes.  After the vote is complete and the IPR has been verified, then OpenSocial 2.5.1 will be published.

Matt Marum
Release Manager

Ryan Baxter

Aug 6, 2013, 8:00:50 PM8/6/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me Matt.  Thanks!

Matthew Marum

Aug 15, 2013, 1:31:44 AM8/15/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the specification process.  Links to it can now be found in README and CONTRIBUTING at the OpenSocial Spec repository.

The official FINAL REVIEW period for OpenSocial 2.5.1 has started.  It will end on Thursday August 15th at which time we will call for a one week final voting period.

See OS 2.5.1 Issues for details on the specific issues being addressed in OS 2.5.1.  I've also updated the OpenSocial Release Notes.  All of the changes areas in the specification are marked with red DRAFT tags.  They will be removed at the end of this review period in preparation for final publication of the specification.

Matt

Matthew Marum

Aug 21, 2013, 10:04:25 AM8/21/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com, Laurent-Walter Goix
I know I'm behind.  I will call a final vote soon, there was just one comment that we should address.

It refers to updates on the Relationships field on the Person object.

Ryan's comment

Matt