Introducing The OpenSocial Explorer

Ryan Baxter

Apr 1, 2013, 8:30:55 PM4/1/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

Today the OpenSocial Foundation released a new open source project to help developers get started building OpenSocial gadgets, it is called the OpenSocial Explorer [1].   The goal of the Explorer is to make sure developers looking to build OpenSocial gadgets only need to invest a few minutes to get started.  We want to provide samples for all the features in the specification so no matter what you are trying to do you don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to do it, you just go to the Explorer look for the feature and the code is right there to get you started.  Right now we only have a few features covered and there is no hosted version yet, but that should all change in the coming months. The code lives on GitHub so please go and check it out.  We are looking for contributors, so don't be shy about getting your hands dirty [2], here is a quick video to get you started [3].  If you have any questions please let me know!

-Ryan