Fwd: Pay what you can. Give what you love.

Aharon Varady

Jul 25, 2013, 4:15:43 PM7/25/13
to opensiddur-talk
Hey friends,

I want to invite everyone in the Open Siddur community (in proximity to NW Connecticut) to a lovely retreat where we can finally meet in person.

It's a very special gathering at Isabella Freedman, special because it is not beyond the budget of many folk . The slogan is:

"Pay what you Can, Give what you Love"

and this is absolutely true.

I hope I'll see many of you here, 8/14-18. Isabella Freedman is a very special place and I'm greatly enjoying working here as the Jewish Experiential Education fellow this summer.

Come!

Aharon

Wednesday, August 14 Sunday, August 18, 2013

If you'd like to make a donation to Isabella Freedman,
visit us online or call 860.824.5991.

At Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center, we create transformative experiences that integrate ecological awareness, vibrant Jewish spirituality, and social justice. On retreat and on the farm, our programs cultivate community, refresh the soul, and rekindle purpose.

We are located 1 hour from Hartford, CT, 2 hours from NYC, and 3 hours from Boston. Our 400-acre Connecticut Berkshire campus has a ten-acre farm, two lakes, and miles of hiking trails. We provide year-round accommodations for up to 150 guests and serve farm-to-table kosher cuisine.

Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences.

--
Aharon Varady, MCP,  MAJE (2013)
Environmental Educator, Public Domain Advocate, Community Planner

Read my latest paper on the sacred space and spiritual praxis of vegetation in Judaism.

Rabbi Karpov

Jul 25, 2013, 8:48:05 PM7/25/13
to opensid...@googlegroups.com
I'd want to, very much . . . but transportation alone would be a larger stretch than I could likely afford.

How does one get in and out of there, anyway, transportation-wise?

With you in spirit,

Rabbi Karpov
USA

Rabbi R. Karpov, Ph.D.

Content posted to this group is the copyright of its author(s) and presumed to be licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license, unless another license is indicated. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "opensiddur-talk" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/opensiddur-talk.

Trishaarlin

Jul 25, 2013, 4:47:06 PM7/25/13
to opensid...@googlegroups.com
Alas I am in Israel until August 30.

Sent from my iPad
--
Content posted to this group is the copyright of its author(s) and presumed to be licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license, unless another license is indicated. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "opensiddur-talk" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/opensiddur-talk.

Marc Stober

Jul 26, 2013, 11:14:16 AM7/26/13
to opensid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aharon,

I'm not sure if my previous e-mail made sense, but would it be an option to attend from Friday morning (or late Thursday night) through the end of the retreat? Or would that not really be "kosher"? And if that is an option, is there something different I'd have to do to sign up?

Shabbat shalom, Marc

--
Content posted to this group is the copyright of its author(s) and presumed to be licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license, unless another license is indicated. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "opensiddur-talk" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/opensiddur-talk.

marcs...@gmail.com ~ www.marcstober.com ~ twitter: marcstober

Aharon Varady

Jul 26, 2013, 11:39:20 AM7/26/13
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Rabbi Karpov <rabbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd want to, very much . . . but transportation alone would be a larger stretch than I could likely afford.

How does one get in and out of there, anyway, transportation-wise?

From NYC there are regional rails to Wassaic and shuttles that will take folk to Isabella Freedman.

For more details from other places like Boston, see:
http://isabellafreedman.org/guest/directions

Aharon Varady

Jul 26, 2013, 11:42:14 AM7/26/13
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Marc Stober <marcs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Aharon,

I'm not sure if my previous e-mail made sense, but would it be an option to attend from Friday morning (or late Thursday night) through the end of the retreat? Or would that not really be "kosher"? And if that is an option, is there something different I'd have to do to sign up?

My sense is that that's not an issue at all. Call the Isabella Freedman registration number and speak to Gavriel though to get specific recommendations (800.398.2630 x4).

Aharon