OPC UA

CptMauli

Oct 16, 2014, 10:05:40 AM10/16/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as I learned, most of the members of this group are using mostly Utgard. (Thank you by the way for participating in the survey)

A lot of people asked if we could support OPC UA. Of course we are interested in that. But the development effort would be pretty high.

So we had the idea to split the cost between several companies/organisations. This way the costs for a single participant would be much lower and in the end there would be still a complete library.

I put an overview for this on the Eclipse SCADA wiki: https://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseSCADA/Plan/IEC_62541

This email is also sent to several other companies directly. Maybe this is a way to finance the development of the library.

If you are interested in participation, just shoot me an email: Juerge...@ibh-systems.com

best regards
Jürgen

Sten Gruener

Oct 20, 2014, 8:14:41 AM10/20/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

are you aware of opcua4j project? There seems to be at least a demo client

https://code.google.com/p/opcua4j/source/browse/trunk/opcua4j/src/bpi/most/opcua/client/TestClient.java

s.t. no handling of the binary layer is needed.

Best Regards

CptMauli

Oct 20, 2014, 8:17:23 AM10/20/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm aware of that. But if you look closely, they are using the Java APIs from the OPC foundation as well.

As I said, we want to have a clean room implementation, with absolutely no reliance on code from the opc foundation.

Jürgen

Sten Gruener

Oct 20, 2014, 8:59:45 AM10/20/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
okay, I am from the open62541.org project, we do a clean room server stack, unfortunately in C... Good luck!

CptMauli

Oct 20, 2014, 9:05:06 AM10/20/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Great to have you in the group! As usual, we want to have a native Java implementation, so JNI is not really an option.

But as soon as we have an implementation we will do interop tests with the open62541 project :-)

Jürgen