is it possible to connect RS Linx OEM using utgard ?

Şahin Atam

Jan 7, 2016, 2:28:52 AM1/7/16
to openSCADA
Hi,

When I attempt to connect to RS Linx OEM,get the 0x80040112 error ?

What can i do ?

Jens Reimann

Jan 7, 2016, 4:08:09 AM1/7/16
to openSCADA

Hi,

do you know what causes this error?

Jens

Şahin Atam

Jan 7, 2016, 7:41:03 AM1/7/16
to openSCADA
Hi Jens,

We tested two type of RSLinx license,first one is OEM license and second one is gateway.No problem with gateway license,utgard connects very well,but when we return to oem license,utgard cannot connect to the opc server and the above error is thrown.

I think oem license only accepts local connections and utgard is trying to connect remotely.Is there any way to connect opc server locally instead of remote connection ?

Best regards.

Jens Reimann

Jan 7, 2016, 7:47:52 AM1/7/16
to openSCADA

Hi,

The very nature of Utgard is that is connects over the DCOM stack. Which automatically means "remote" in the sense of Windows. This is required in order to be able to connect from a plain Java solution.

In short: no.

Jens

Şahin Atam

Jan 7, 2016, 8:45:17 AM1/7/16