Documentation

Faouzi Chiheb

Sep 20, 2016, 12:10:17 PM9/20/16
to openSCADA
Hello,
It's me again. I would like to know if you plan to create more documentation on eclipse scada.
With respect, all the documentation you provide seems to be outdated :
- The 4 videos on youtube are 2 years old and without sound/explanation
- You only show an example with one modbus device but what about OPC? S7 ? what about all other nodes(Event storage,Event injector)? what are they used for ?  How to add calculation? how to export data? How to create an HMI etc...
- You also said it's flexible and easy for development but you don't provide any documentation on how to do it.
Don't take this badly but i just find this project is very promising and i would  be glad to contribute to it, but there is a lack of documentation so it's very hard to use it and furthermore to develop modules for it(even if i'm familiar with Java environment)
Best regards,

CptMauli

Sep 21, 2016, 2:00:50 AM9/21/16
to openSCADA
Hi Faouzi,

I'm painfully aware of that fact. Actually I have the hope that I can find some time in the next few days! I'll also plan to release some new youtube videos.

The more specific questions you have, the better I can concentrate on improving that part of the documentation. My plan for now is to improve the documentation in that area which is also shown in the existing youtube videos. That means how to use the standard components and how to deploy it.

Jürgen

Faouzi Chiheb

Sep 26, 2016, 4:23:09 AM9/26/16
to openSCADA
Thank you for your answer.
It could be a great help for me to have documentation on standard components.
Because i have many questions on them:
  • On the storage :
I'm currently trying to store acquired values from a ModBus device(it works well, i can see the values in NeoScada Admin client), i have configured a postgre connection. In postgre logs, i see the application is connected to the database and fetch data every 10 sec :
SELECT id, entry_timestamp, node_id, data FROM public.ES_AE_REP LIMIT 2000
The problem is  I don't know  how to say to in the configuration : " Store the value modbus.data.S2.B1.V1 in the database, each second".
I tried to reproduce the configuration of the project "org.scada.samples.demo1.configuration" but i probably miss something(seems that i don't understand how Event Storage and Event Injector works).

 I'm also trying to add scaled values and calculation components. But i always get an exception when i run recipe :
Unable to find item for dangling reference: org.eclipse.scada.configuration.component.impl.ComponentDanglingReferenceImpl@7ba4882f (name: null) (localTag: []) on org.eclipse.scada.configuration.world.osgi.impl.DefaultMasterServerImpl@19f0055e (shortDescription: null, name: master, aeServerInformationPrefix: ae.server.info)
Failed to call method: process

What "Local tag" property is used for in Component Input and Component output ?
How i can add alarms?
And finally, how i can run an "exporter.xml" (to acquired values from an OPC device).

Faouzi