OPC server domain issue

Chen Zhuo

May 11, 2016, 3:33:01 AM5/11/16
to openSCADA
Hi Group:

    I have 2 questions.

    1. Must the server be added into any domain? I tried to connect the local server (not in any domain), but failed, no matter using "", "local" or "localhost" in getDomain function.

    2. When connecting to a non-local server, what is the requirement to network? Must the client be in the same domain with the server, or under the same gateway with the server, or other else?

Thank anyone who can tell me in advance!

God bless no bug to everyone everyday!

Jens Reimann

May 11, 2016, 10:25:01 AM5/11/16
to openSCADA

Did you try the Hostname as Domain Name?

Chen Zhuo

May 11, 2016, 11:26:25 PM5/11/16
to openSCADA
Unfortunately it doesn't work. I've checked Server class, and it calls creatSession function of JISession class provided by Jinterop. Seems that the way Jinterop realizes DCOM requires domain-username-password model.

Chen Zhuo

May 15, 2016, 12:09:49 AM5/15/16
to openSCADA
Problem solved! I should configure the DCOM of server at the very first beginning. After I added my windows account into Distributed COM Users group(in Computer->Manage->Local User and Group->Group), and enable Distributed COM on this computer together with internet COM service on this computer, things work out.

I should really read the DCOM configuration first XD.